Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh No Never Let Go!

This morning we woke up to our son Jacob screaming. He was screaming because our son Trenton was having a seizure. At the moment none of us knew what was going on, we just saw that Trenton's eyes were rolling in the back of his head and he was making a weird breathing sound. As soon as I saw him I picked him up in my arms and started screaming for my Mom and John. Within seconds Trenton was laying lifeless in my arms (a feeling I know I will never forget). I immediately started to administer CPR while John called 9-1-1. It seemed like this lasted forever. When the ambulance arrive Trenton stoped seizing but was still unresponsive. During the ambulance ride he came to for a few min. but he didn't know who I was (which really freaked me out). The nurse reassured us that this was normal for a child who had a seizure and that he would soon start connecting the dots. The Dr.'s started testing Trenton right away. A few hours later they were able to confirm that Trenton did have a seizure. They also told us that his brain scan was normal (which is good in the sense that he doesn't have a brain tumor or epilepsy). But it also means that we will probably never know what caused his seizure. The nurse told us that he may never have another seizure (3 out of 4 children never have another one) and if he did have another one, it would probably be within a year or so. Please pray that I can trust the Lord with this. It's hard not to hoover over Trenton. Today he was walking out of the kitchen and he looks at me and said "I'm just going to the bathroom" I cracked up. He was back to his normal wise guy self.

They will now have to run some more tests but it sounds to me like they don't usually find any answers. Being a Mom that just doesn't sit right. I want answers! I want to know why My baby's brain didn't work right today. Why this happened. This has been such an emotional day. I pray that I can sleep, resting in the fact that Trenton is Gods child and that I am so blessed that the Lord had given him to us for this long. I pray that I have many more years with my son, but I also pray that I will always remember who knitted this little guy in my womb. He loves Trenton far more than I could ever imagine, so why do I worry about the whys? and Whats? Please be praying for Trenton and for the rest of our family who went threw this ordeal. We are all still quite shaken up over this (all but Trenton)

P.S - Trenton learned the song that says "Oh No Never Let go, threw the calm and threw the storm!" at VBS this year. it is his fav. song. My Sister Sara was telling John at the hospital about Trenton singing that song the night before. When we were in the car on the way home from the hospital John told me about his conversation with my Sister and as we were talking I could here Trenton mumbling the song in the back seat. When John heard him he said "Hey Buddy, you want to listen to the radio?" When he turned the radio on it was that song. Trenton started singing that song as loud as he could. Of coarse John and i just began to weep. I called my Sister Sara and told her to turn her radio on :) God is so good to remind us of His faithfulness.

5 comments:

sarajeancooksey said...

God is good! I'm so glad Trenton is doing better.

~Joy Kaye~ said...

I will keep Trenton and all of your family in my prayers...God will take care of you! I'm glad he seems to be getting back to himself already! He's such a precious boy! :o)

Anonymous said...

As I read your blog (about Trenton and your "goodbyes") my eyes just FILL with tears. Having lived away from my family for many years, I KNOW that there really is "no place like home." I'm glad you all are safe back "home" with your family, especially during this tramatic event with Trenton. But we will still MISS YOU all greatly back here in MO. Love ya, girlie!! Misti

Unknown said...

Why are you hoovering over Trenton? That sucks.

Get it? Hoover is a vacuum...and it sucks...its sucky!

Brandi said...

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back, I know you are near

I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear
*WHOM THEN SHALL I FEAR*

CHORUS:
OH no You never let go through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go and every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go, Lord, You never let go of me
(Verse 2)

And I can see the light that is comin' for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be *AN* end to the struggles
Til that day comes, we'll live to know You here on *THE* Earth

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear
*WHOM THEN SHALL I FEAR*

(Chorus)

*You keep on loving and you never let go*

(Chorus)

And i can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
and there will be and end to the struggles
but until that day comes
*STILL I WILL PRAISE YOU
STILL I WILL PRAISE YOU*
(REPEAT 1)